Lyon is among the best metropolitan areas in France that you need to visit. The town is 3rd largest within France. It is the capital of Rhone-Alps region. The city is known for its historical and social heritage. A number of its structures and galleries have been indexed by world history site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The oldest parts of the actual church have now been shut for prayers and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and was started in Eleventh century AD. There is a great respect and value for this amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that's made in the actual English style of architecture. The park had been built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and most beautiful city parks associated with France. It is a great place for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main popular features of the park include a big greenhouse, botanical garden along with a rose backyard. Recently African Plains have also been additional where the animals can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and was later reopened in 1993. The place has hosted many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The glass ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium tank is located around the outskirts of the city and has a bit of entertainment for almost everybody. There are a number of types of fishes and other aquatic life species have been stored here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dancing lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dance where you can learn various type of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the actual vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest retail center in France. The mall has got the presence of almost all the major brands on the planet. But avoid this place every sunday as it can get crowded.
Lyon is among the best places in France to determine and discover guide sortir à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to achieve Paris and then you can take either TGV train or bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the 3rd largest town and second largest metropolitan area in France. This particular city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This city began by the Roman empire and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city is situated between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km from Paris. You can reach presently there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East associated with France between two rivers named as Rhone and Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and weather conditions are nice to visit in the 30 days of September and October.